Alternatives to Wordpress

While I love Wordpress, it is not for everyone. I know that building a website can sometimes be a daunting task, you get easily woo’d to providers who offer a “Top of the line builder!” and yet honestly? It’s a money pit 90% of the time. You get limited; you get told "To sell X more products that are a package up - so if you are not game on Wordpress here are some other options you can explore:

All listed (Unless noted otherwise) are all easily installed from cPanel! No fuss, no instructions on installing just click a few buttons, and you’re off! Remember you can install these in any folder so, for instance, starting off try Grav by installing it in /grav/ when you install, it’ll be easy to test/try out.

Grav

This one is simple, no fuss and has some great themes - worth a look if you want to try something different.

Ghost

This one is another great tool, while it does focus on BLOGGING if you’re site is built, and you wanted to add a blog afterward, a GREAT platform for blogging.

SiteCake

This one is fairly new to my radar, but in testing it’s not too shabby, a fairly easy interaction for building content, very drag and drop - even says its meant to be easier than Wordpress. Worth a try?

And many many more!

Take a look in cPanel for Softaculous. It’s standard on all accounts and hopefully you can find something to your liking! Remember you can always take an app for a test drive, just remember: Don’t use it? Delete it. No waste, no security risk!

Thanks Chuck! I’ll have to check these out. I played with Sitemush(?) a little but wasn’t sure if it was doing all of the creating/editing in the cloud and then putting it on the server…didn’t think I would like that so didn’t delve too far into playing with it on my new volunteer site - minnesotaneuropathyassociation.org. I went ahead and bought a 1 year Divi license and downloaded the theme and a lot of the plugins that I thought I might need. Nice thing about the 1 year license is that you can install/use it on as many websites as you want. You lose the support and updates after I year but I didn’t think that was too important right now.

Sitemush is in beta; it’s by the same guys who make the auto-installer! It’s not bad, but definitely not for everyone!

Divi is indeed great, easy, and too if you got their entire package @ Elegant Themes, some other great addons it comes with, over the years I’ve been pleased with my purchase and keep renewing it! Worth it!